Wednesday 13 July 2011

Cher Lloyd Biography

Has she got what it takes?


Cher Lloyd is a contestant in the 2010 series of X-Factor. She was born in Malvern, Worcestershire and is seventeen years old. She has gypsy blood through her mother, and has been wanting to be a performer all her life.

She entered the X-Factor auditions in 2008 and 2009, singing ballads and was turned away. She settled for studying performing arts at Dyson Perrins CE Sports College.

In 2010 she auditioned again and wowed the judges by singing Keri Hilson’s version of Turn My Swag On, and the clip of the audition on YouTube got over 13 million views.

Controversy struck at the judges houses stage of the X-Factor. Cher was suffering from tonsilitus and couldn’t sing. She was put through to the live finals anyway by her mentor Cheryl Cole, provoking a storm of fury from the public who felt the decision was unfair to the other contestants.

Cher Lloyd is known to idolize Cheryl Cole her mentor, copying her style and even her tattoos (Cher has a tattoo on her hand just like Cheryl).

She has a much stronger street style than Cole though, and has continued to take risks with her performances, rapping and singing mash-ups. So far it has paid off, and she has survived to the third episode of the live finals.

X Factor favourite, 17-year-old Cher Lloyd takes a risk in tonight’s bootcamp stage of the competition after choosing to add her own lyrics to the beginning of Coldplay’s seminal classic Viva La Vida.

The young hopeful, who was installed as the bookies favourite for the entire competition immediately after her initial audition where she performed Soulja Boy’s Turn My Swag On decides to break from tradition and show the judges another side of her talents.

“I’ve put a lot of thought into my song.” Cher tells the cameras before her performance. “I’ve decided to put a bit of a twist on it and I wrote my own lyrics as well for the beginning of the song…it’s a bit of a risk I’m taking, it could go really, really well or it could just fail.”

Taking to the stage in front of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and guest judge, Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, Cher takes the opportunity to remind the assembled music moguls of her credentials.

“I don’t think you’ll ever find another girl like me.” Says Cher. “I think I’ve got something special and I think British music needs a new kick to it. I think I’ve got the swag and I’m ready for it.”

But is innovation and a positive attitude enough … after all, this is a singing competition.

Despite Nicole liking the song, Simon is not convinced, and Cher’s future in the competition hangs in the balance.

Before Cher leaves the stage, Simon says, “Compared to some of the stuff we’ve seen today it’s all over the place.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters